The PMDG 737 series for Microsoft Flight Simulator has been launched, starting with the 737-700 model.
The Boeing 737 is one of the most popular aircraft in the skies today and is known across the world for being a workhorse. Airlines use the aircraft to fly short and medium-haul routes across the world and now PMDG has brought the iconic plane to Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Included with the package is the 737-700 body type, which includes the passenger variant, the BBJ variant and also a cargo variant. As per the real-world 737-700, you can also select between winglets or split scimitars models.
One of the core features of the product is the vast customisation that can be done on a per-livery basis. You can choose from hundreds of configurable options right within the simulator. From changing elements such as the displays to the unit of measurement and much more. A number of liveries can also be installed using the included PMDG Operations Center.
As with other PMDG products of the past, the 737 for MSFS includes deep system simulation. Each action you take as a virtual pilot will have an effect on other systems, thus meaning care and attention needs to be given in order for the plane to fly correctly. The plane also has accurate flight modelling, a custom autopilot feature and plenty of other goodies behind the scenes that help make this one of the deepest simulated planes currently available for the platform.
PMDG has also included detailed modelling, PBR texture work and an authentic sound pack that has been recorded from the real aircraft.
Pilots looking for more of a challenge can also take advantage of the included failures simulation that can be triggered manually, automatically or dynamically based on the use of the plane.
The current release build does not include an EFB or a functioning weather radar, but PMDG plans to bring these features in future free updates. Regular updates have previously been promised roughly every two weeks to include bug-fixing and more during an “early adopter” period. This early adopter period starts today and will continue until after the 737-900 has been released (currently scheduled for sometime in September 2022).
You can buy the PMDG 737-700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator now from PMDG’s store for $69.99. Remember, once the 737-600 model comes out, the price will increase to $74.99.
For those looking to buy it for Xbox or through the in-sim Marketplace, the 737-700 will come at a much later time.
Want to see the official list of liveries? Check out this article.
Tell us in the comment section what your first flight will be.
- Fully customized system simulation for all major and minor aircraft systems and components.
- Highly sophisticated logical simulation of onboard information systems and aircraft management.
- PMDG’s customized, flight model with enhanced physics augmentation.
- Rigid body physics for wing and tail surfaces.
- Fully customized flight control systems with normal, standby and reversionary capability.
- Accurate resolution cockpit displays
- Interchangeable equipment options for cockpit instrumentation
- Numerous user configurable options from throughout the global 737 operator fleet.
- Updated 737 options packages reflecting operational improvements and changes to the global 737 fleet.
- Full featured failures simulation to cover nearly all QRH scenarios as well as real-world mean time to failure simulations model.
- Native PMDG datalink simulation compatible with simBrief integration.
- Incandescent and LED lighting packages, as well as fully dimming flight deck lights and annunciators.
- Driveable pushback tug.
- Customized sound package that leverages advanced sound recording and playback technology for incredible realism.
- Sound environment built using recordings from a purpose-instrumented airplane recording effort.
- Highly integrated exterior, interior cabin and flight deck sound environments.
- Includes the 737-700 in passenger configuration with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglet configurations.
- Includes the Boeing Business jet in with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglets configurations.
- Includes the 737-700 BDSF freighter with main deck cargo door with blended winglets.
- Full set of ground equipment for each aircraft type, including passenger servicing vehicles, VIP vehicles for the BBJ and cargo handling equipment for the BDSF.
- Virtual cockpit model, with ultra high detail textures, 3D rendering and reflective properties.
- Advanced animations techniques leveraging the new MSFS engine to truly bring the 737 flight deck to life.
- Cockpit differences between the passenger, cargo and BBJ airplanes are accurately rendered.
- PMDG Operations Center 2.0 for easy livery installation and ease of receiving free product updates from PMDG.
- A full featured tutorial will guide you through proper operation of the 737 from power up to power down.
- PMDG Simulations Official youTube content to aide new PMDG 737 pilots in getting the most from their purchase.
- Free customer support both at our customer forum and directly from our support team if necessary.